What do you think of ASOS?

A few weeks ago, I had a party to go to and no new dress to wear. My friend told me to check out asos.com, which if you don't know, is a site famous for selling clothes that are 'in the style of x celebrity' and also clothes from a few UK high street brands (like Oasis, French Connection and Mina).
So after spending some time on it, I didn't know what to think about it. Because
a) ASOS has no physical store and you never know how the clothing item is like in real life until you've actually felt it.
b) The prices are high-street prices, meaning very affordable. This again, makes me very suspicious of how the clothes would look and fit.
c) I've heard mix reviews from friends. A few of my friends said the clothes were decent, and one wasn't a fan of the quality.
d) If I wanted to return the clothes, I would have to mail them back. Talk about inconvenient and the extra cost involved!

These two black dresses are classy and stylish. The quality looks decent too. I especially like the sequinned one.

The red dress is quite cute, and the silver, sequinned dress is perfect for this party season!
Now these are examples of what I think are poor quality and design. The black dress's material looks cheap and the gems a bit too plastic-y. OK, I know the dress doesn't actaully cost a lot (38 pounds), but I have no desire to wear that material. As for the cream-coloured sequined dress, the design is just not very flattering.
This is the dress that has got me seriously thinking to give ASOS a go. I really like this dress. It's stylish, pretty and very youthful.
And on a closer look, even the beads and sequins look ok in quality. So should I dive in and get this dress?
Another dress I'm liking is this waistcoat dress. It's cute and cool. It's made of all polyester though, so I'm not sure how it'll look in real life.
So I need your opinion: If you've ever bought anything (or seen your friend's purchases) from ASOS, let me know what you think of them! Oh, and what do you think of the last two dresses?
Image credits: www.asos.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment