SS07: Neon Bright Colors on the Runway

In case you've been in the dark this season, neon bright colors are back. My first reaction to this trend? Eww. . . Having been raised in the 90's, I was taught that neon colors were a fashion faux pas and I've always wondered what my mom was thinking when she bought that electric blue top now sitting in the back of her wardrobe.
Turns out, she just had incredible fashion foresight. Neon colors appeared everywhere on the runway this season in sync with the futuristic look also making a come back. It most prominently dominated Christopher Kane's collection. Electric blue, bright yellow...
...lime green, bright red, you name it!
Slightly less futuristic in design, Jil Sander has an equally vibrant collection in eletric blue, green..
and hot pink. It really adds a punch to the typically simple Jil Sander designs. And something a bit flirtier, we have this hot pink dress from Costume National.
Another funky yellow dress, this one is from Preen. And although not my favourite shade of green, I like how D Squared2 matched this bright green cropped blazer (?) with a sporty bottom.
Personally I am still having trouble adjusting to such glaring shades. Hence I prefer the tamer side of this color palette, such as this electric/royal blue shade on the Belstaff and Julien MacDonald runway.
And of course, there is my favourite color of all time, purple. Even electric purple. The color is just so rich, striking and flattering to most skin tones! I'm loving these two shades on the Gucci and Prada runway.
Photo Credit: Elle.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment