London Fashion Week SS08 Wrapup II

As HG pointed out, London fashion week is always fun to look at, but a great pain for those of us who want to try and imitate the look. Or maybe that is just me...But anyway, lets look.

Matthew Williamson
Matthew's show is one that I always love to check out every season, because one can be sure that it is going to look fun and colorful. This season is no different. The clothes are colorful, fun, chic with a hint of tribal vibe (aztec prints?).

I love how he mixes the prints/colors here in these outfits and it still looks so perfectly put together and chic. I'd never be able to do that no matter how much I study unless I buy the whole outfit off the mannequin.
I especially love this outfit on the left. The simple pairing of plain top with printed shorts, and just a hint of mix 'n matching with the scarf is so me. Note the very colorful sneakers on this runway paired with everything, even dresses, which one wouldn't usually think to pair them with. Looks sooo comfy! Though I wonder if one can pull if off if one doesn't have legs as skinny and long as these models.
Then he has some tie-dyed outfits, which kind of reminds me of Prada and Miu Miu this season. But I do so like black, white and pink. And I absolutely adore pairing these flowy printed tops with structured blazers (right). Again, so me. Blazer is my uniform.
I am STILL looking for the perfect shift dress this season. You'd think with all these lovely creations sprinkling the runways the last few seasons I'd find one by now. But no, they just keep coming on the runway tempting me..... esp like the black dress with the printed trimmings.
Lastly there were these beautiful, flowy, colorful dresses. The printed one here on the right is soo Matthew Williamson!

Erdem
One of the brands I've been keeping a lookout for ever since I saw some of their collection in the Harvey Nichols catalog. This collection is the epitome of British casual chic cool for me.
I love the shape of these dresses, which are so different. One is structured and the other one is all flowy and free. And the stripey print adds structure to one and gives the other a illusion effect. So cool.
Casual cool outfits.
Its so cool how he put bold white stripes over the delicate floral pattern of the silk dress. It makes for a very sharp contrast.
Sharp design to match the bold colors on top of the silver grey. Gives it a slightly futuristic edge.
And these last four are my absolutely favourites. They are just so chic, classy and feminine.
Just LOVE these dresses in their soft, feminine effortlessly cool way.

Ps. Remind me to get bold colored footwear next season!

Image Source: Elle.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment